When you look for invisible braces in Brooklyn, look no further than an orthodontist in Brooklyn, who works closely with a cosmetic dentistry team to find the most effective invisible braces for teeth to suit your needs. We offer traditional teeth straightening options, as well as dental invisible braces when your appearance is tantamount.
Correcting your bite and straightening crooked teeth usually requires the expertise of an orthodontist and the need for braces. It’s common to see teens and preteens with conventional metal brackets. But if you’re an adult in the public eye, a mouth full of metal may not be your best choice. About 25 percent of today’s orthodontic patients at Envy Smile Dental Spa are adults who want dental invisible braces.
Your cosmetic dentist has several options for your orthodontic needs. Clear, invisible braces or lingual braces provide alternatives. Your Brooklyn dentist may also suggest Invisalign. Having a cosmetic dentist who also specializes in clear braces and invisible braces is a plus in Brooklyn that’s hard to beat to help you make your decision.
Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
Correcting your bite and moving your teeth into proper alignment benefits your health in many ways:
- Improves ability to chew
- Reduces facial muscle or jaw pain
- Reduces headaches and earaches
- Helps eliminate teeth grinding
- Prevents biting of cheek or roof of the mouth
- Eliminates speech difficulties
- Helps remove airway constriction
Orthodontic treatment can correct deep or open bites, overbite, facial asymmetry, and cross-bite — as well as crowding. Proper alignment makes it easier to clean and care for your teeth, contributing to enhanced overall health.
Options for Dental Invisible Braces
Your Brooklyn dentist has three options for your consideration for invisible braces for teeth.
- Clear ceramic braces. Ceramic braces are non-invasive, with less noticeable brackets on the front of your teeth. The brackets are the same size and shape as traditional braces but mimic the color of your teeth. They’re more expensive than conventional braces, and you must be diligent in cleaning them to keep the brackets from staining.
- Lingual braces. These braces are placed on the inside of your teeth. There’s often greater initial discomfort due to tongue irritation and they’re an expensive alternative, but they’re completely invisible as they run along the back of your teeth. They’re more difficult to clean, though, and they can affect your speech until you become accustomed to them.
- Involving no wires or brackets, these clear, customized, removable appliances called aligners are a virtually undetectable option for dental invisible braces. Combining 3D computer graphics technology and traditional orthodontics, this series of aligners are custom-fit for your mouth at each stage of the treatment plan.
Procedure for Ceramic or Lingual Brace Options
Both ceramic braces and lingual braces follow the same basic procedure for implementation. Braces are the small, square brackets bonded to either the front or back of your teeth. A small slot in the bracket holds an orthodontic wire. Elastics hold the wire in place and this combination of wire and elastic helps move the teeth into proper position.
Monthly visits to the orthodontist allow subtle adjustments to slowly move your teeth into a proper bite position. This phase of treatment usually lasts 12 to 24 months, depending on how much your teeth need to move.
Invisalign Invisible Braces for Teeth
While teenagers and some adults do well with ceramic or lingual brace choices, responsible teens and adults in the public eye may prefer Invisalign aligners. Virtually undetectable, you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. The invisible aligners move your teeth in small steps. The steps for treatment include:
- Visit the office to determine if Invisalign is right for you and to take measurements.
- Your dentist relies on advanced computer technology providers to manufacture a sequence of finely calibrated aligners, as few as 12 or as many as 48.
- You wear each aligner for about two weeks, taking it out to eat, brush and floss.
- Your New York dentist schedules checkups every four to six weeks to ensure proper movement.
- To ensure a tight grip on your teeth, your dentist may recommend attachments consisting of a small tooth-colored button device cemented to your teeth. This is removed once treatment is complete.
- Your teeth gradually move until they’re in the final alignment.
As with ceramic and lingual braces, Invisalign invisible braces for teeth can correct gapped teeth, overbite, underbite, open bite, crossbite, and crowding. For more complex issues, Invisalign may not be the right choice.
Advantages of Invisalign Invisible Braces for Teeth
Advantages of Invisalign for the discerning adult include:
- Shorter overall treatment time due to changing aligners every week or two
- Almost 20 years of satisfied clients
- Improved appearance and self-esteem due to a virtually invisible appliance
- Easy removal for eating, brushing, flossing, full-contact sports, and playing instruments
- Fewer dental visits
- No diet restrictions
- No injuries due to broken wires or brackets
Your Envy Smile Dental Spa cosmetic dentist in Brooklyn strives to find the best option for your goal of straighter teeth and a healthier smile. Invisalign must be worn 20 to 22 hours a day. Patients with bridgework or with back teeth bite issues may not be good candidates. It requires discipline to follow treatment procedures so very young clients may need to choose alternatives.
Do you have any questions about Invisible Braces for Teeth? Would you like to schedule an appointment with the best-rated orthodontist in Brooklyn? Please contact our office.