Actual teeth cleaning costs are far less than the alternative that could include extensive dental work and deep teeth cleaning. Do teeth clean hurt? When you visit Envy Smile Dental Spa, not only is teeth cleaning painless, but it may even be comfortable — when you can get a neck massage, soothing music or aromatherapy.
Like most people in New York, you’ve probably been brushing your teeth for as long as you can remember. It’s such a habit that you sometimes don’t even think about it as you brush. However, you can fall into bad habits that miss certain areas or aren’t as effective. Professional teeth cleaning in Brooklyn twice a year in a cosmetic dentist’s office remove the soft plaque, hard tartar, and stains on your teeth that your toothbrush leaves behind.
Preventive dentistry is always preferable to fixing issues after they occur. Envy Smile Dental Spa in Brooklyn ensures your dental health while making your experience as gentle and as comfortable as possible. Your dentist performs every kind of dental procedure at one location: diagnostic, preventive and cosmetic, as well as orthodontic and same day services.
Diagnostic and Preventive Services
Preventive care is quick and relatively easy to maintain. After obtaining good dental health, preventive care requires nothing more than keeping your six-month checkups, as well as practicing good oral habits at home. If you’re anxious about your regular visits or worried about whether teeth cleaning hurts, discuss your concerns with your dental team. They can reassure you.
The dentists at Envy Smile Dental Spa check and diagnose any ongoing dental health concerns. These include:
- Dental cleanings away any plaque and tartar present on your teeth.
- Removing stubborn stains brushing can’t address.
- Checking for any cavities forming on surface areas of your teeth, as well as checking for any suspicious-looking pits, lesions or dark spots. You may receive X-rays for further examination.
- Reviewing and updating your medical history.
- Applying fluoride treatments to strengthen your teeth.
- Checking your bite and chewing patterns to make sure areas of excessive wear are addressed.
- Applying sealants, for children only.
- Polishing your teeth, including any previous dental work to brighten your smile.
- Evaluating your gum tissue. Without good gum health, your teeth don’t have a good support system and may loosen over time. Gum disease affects many people, and if not properly addressed, it can lead to periodontitis, the precursor to tooth loss and other serious dental concerns.
- Referring to any specialists if your dental health dictates such as for deep teeth cleaning.
- Screening for oral cancer to check for any signs in your mouth. Comparing any changes over time keeps you a step ahead of life-challenging dental health issues.
- Cleaning and adjusting your dentures or other dental appliances.
Deep Teeth Cleaning
Your dentist prefers preventive dental care because it means your teeth and gums are healthy. The positives of preventive care include:
- Maintaining a healthy and attractive smile at all times
- Lowering your overall dental costs
- Protecting your general health, as dental concerns can be a gateway to other health concerns
- Avoiding the likelihood of dental emergencies
But if you’ve let your dental health routine slide, you may develop gingivitis, the first stage of periodontal disease, or worse. In cases like these, the plaque and tartar get below your gum line, where your toothbrush can’t reach. A deep cleaning gets everywhere plaque and bacteria can hide to clean and disinfect your teeth and gums. Do teeth cleanings hurt? It may be uncomfortable, if it’s deep teeth cleaning.
More Extensive Care
If your cosmetic dentist — who also is your family dentist, general dentist, orthodontist and oral surgeon — finds cavities, also called dental caries, you may need immediate treatment for fillings or deep teeth cleaning. As always, the sooner these issues are caught, the less invasive and uncomfortable your treatments — and the less your teeth cleaning costs.
Small pits or cavities can be filled with a bonding material that mimics your natural tooth. Deep teeth cleaning sometimes includes scaling and root planning to halt the progression of periodontal disease. Scaling and root planning is the process of scraping away damaged enamel and bacteria from beneath your gum line. All these methods can save your natural teeth.
Teeth Cleaning Cost
Don’t avoid the dentist because you’re asking, does teeth cleaning hurt. If you keep your bi-annual dentist visits for a check-up and teeth cleaning, you’ll catch any dental issues early, saving yourself money in the long run. The costs of not getting your teeth cleaned can add up quickly.
Besides, most dental insurance covers the regular, twice-a-year visits to encourage the lesser costs of preventive care. And your dental team often can work out payment plans to suit your needs. Now you have no reason to postpone your cleanings because the Envy Smile Dental Spa team makes it easy, comfortable, and affordable.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does Teeth Cleaning Take?
The amount of tartar or stains on your teeth impact the length of the procedure. On average, the teeth cleaning procedure lasts between 30 minutes to an hour. If you had a fluoride cleaning, wait at least half an hour before consuming any foods or drinks. Otherwise, the fluoride won’t absorb completely and the cleaning effect can be lost.
How Much Is Teeth Cleaning Without Insurance?
The cost of dental cleaning depends on the specifics of cleaning and whether your insurance plan covers it. The average cost of teeth cleaning without insurance can be between $75 to $400. The patient’s age and the teeth problems that require additional treatment also affect the price. If you need a local anesthetic for deep cleaning, it will be added to the overall cost.
How Often Should You Get Your Teeth Cleaned Professionally?
It’s recommended to visit dentists at least once a year for routine check-ups and cleaning. It’s an effective way to prevent various dental issues that may lead to tooth extraction, periodontitis, or tooth decay. The cost of teeth cleaning is usually less expensive than the treatment of those problems. Our affordable deep cleaning will help you maintain good oral health at a reasonable price.
Do you have questions about Teeth Cleaning in Brooklyn, NY? Would you like to schedule an appointment with the best-rated dentist? Please contact our office.